I think it’s just the vibe of the song, like the beat. I think hearing this makes me want to do some ridiculous nameless dance and sing it. Good thing I saw this song live too. Amazing. This is just one of the songs that makes me happy though. I’m trying to pick different songs than what I remember choosing last time I did this.
Scenario: A being outside of Earth has came up to you for a conversation. You have agreed to show them some stuff of Earth they might like. This being knows nothing about Earth.
Rules: You can only show them one thing, but it doesn't necessary have to be in your area. Ex. If they asked, "What's an amusement park?" you can choose to take them to Disney World even if it's all the way in Orlando.
What is the first thing you would introduce the being to if you they asked:
-What's a comedian?
-What's a horror movie?
-What's a video game?
-What's a hamburger?
-What's a cartoon?
-What's a pizza?
What’s a comedian?
I would show him Katt William’s Pimp Chronicles, but I wonder if he would laugh at the jokes, knowing nothing about earth and what not.
What’s a horror movie?
Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho.
What’s a video game?
Oh man I don’t know whether to show him the essential like basics of video games, or the most elaborate, epic story. But probably I would have to show him Super Mario World for the SNES.
This isn’t my absolute least favorite, but it’s definitely one of them. I just don’t like this one. The overall sound, and CuDi overly stresses his accent and flow… way to forced for me. Sorry, Best Coast’s Bethany Consentino and Vampire Weekend’s Rostam Batmanglij couldn’t save it for me either.
I think the song would’ve better without CuDi’s verse in the beginning.
So forget the ipod challenge, that one is boring. Here’s the start of the 30 day music challenge.
Day 1: Your Favorite Song
This song has been my favorite song for the last few years. The last time I did this 30 day music thing on my old tumblr, I used the same song, and it still stands. De La Soul and MF DOOM’s collaboration off of De La Soul’s album The Grind Date, “Rock Co. Kane Flow.” I just love the lyricism, and what the song is about. Add the fact that the beat goes HARD… Man I’ve loved this song ever since my sophomore year. Surprising huh, considering how much I love Kanye’s music.
Day 02 - Your least favorite song Day 03 - A song that makes you happy Day 04 - A song that makes you sad Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone Day 06 - A song that reminds you of somewhere Day 07 - A song that reminds you of A certain event Day 08 - A song that you know all the words to Day 09 - A song that you can dance to Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep Day 11 - A song from your favorite band Day 12 - A song from a band you hate Day 13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure Day 14 - A song that no one would expect you to love Day 15 - A song that describes you Day 16 - A song that you used to love but now hate Day 17 - A song that you hear often on the radio Day 18 - A song that you wish you heard on the radio Day 19 - A song from your favorite album Day 20 - A song that you listen to when you’re angry Day 21 - A song that you listen to when you’re happy Day 22 - A song that you listen to when you’re sad Day 23 - A song that you want to play at Your wedding Day 24 - A song that you want to play at Your funeral Day 25 - A song that makes you laugh Day 26 - A song that you can play on an instrument Day 27 - A song that you wish you could play Day 28 - A song that makes you feel guilty Day 29 - A song from your childhood Day 30 - Your favorite song at this time last year
This is the original recording of “Through The Wire” where Kanye really raps with his jaw wired shut. On the version that made it to the album, he re-recorded his verses and layered them over top of the old ones to make it sound cleaner.
<333 hahahah, ahhhh :’)
He basically used this version as his back vocals. It’s crazy to hear this version again, I totally forgot about it.
When did you get your iPod? Did you buy it or was it a gift?
I think I got it around my birthday in the summer of 2007. My mom asked me if I wanted an iPod, or a laptop. I chose an iPod because I really really needed a replacement. Eventually I got a laptop in December of that year.
Forrest narrates: Bubba’s family knew everything there is to know about the shrimping business. Bubba: “Forrest, I know everything there is to know about the shrimping business.”
When Forrest gets to meet John F. Kennedy: Forrest: “I musta drank me ‘bout 15 Dr. Peppers.” … Kennedy: “Congratulations, how does it feel to be an All-American?” Forrest: “I gotta pee…” Kennedy: “I believe he said he had to go pee!”
I’ve been wanting to make two kinds of beats. One is an 8-Bit Nintendo sounding beat, and a beat that sampled Tay Zonday’s Chocolate Rain.
So I concocted a beat that encompassed both into one. It’s a sample, and I may slow it down later. Once my voice is better, expect something either hilarious or super sick on this one. The song will not be on the mixtape, unless it is that good haha.
This is probably something I’ll never use. It’s been in my drafts for like 6 months. Here you guys go. It’s about stuff using nature (mostly flowers) as the metaphor. Oh btw the first 8 lines were co-written with Andres.
I see divinity in Lilly, but she’s doing 360 No single direction, diving in dirt, drastically filthy The insatiable sensation mixed with emotions unfiltered Leaves Lilly content with everything that life gives her Rose walks the pavement, saved from a delayed payment Used to seeing green, but now it’s all from bank statements So paint this, natures picture perfect placements tainted: Forrestation and corporate slaveships Insidious… take time to actually picture this a frivolous scene, keen to that which is ridiculous but Roses sight is bleek, only sees blocked visions light is kept dim from cracks of sidewalk incisions Ambitions never met, and though she lacks understanding Reacts to last tandem of whacked backwards planning It didn’t go well for Rose, and Lilly didn’t show up So I’m stuck here, wilted, in the thoughts of no one single person in particular… No more complacency When the fate that plagues me has been concealed by Daisy Everyday is saved from yellow vibrancies because Every way played is likened to my own likenings That’s because, like daisy, I know nothing of melancholy Probably ‘cause I’m oddly talking to a Holly Falling, just to balance on these ill-cracked stilts To build back the memories faded of Daffodil Almost how autumn lacks pollen, we keep trying this to instill the potent potions and grow a Violet Aided by Apoidea, an insecta to succor souls and bring to light these leaved green poles
A composite of helium, hydrogen, it’s the clearest endeared how a star predates human appearance The interstellar medium possesses what we know here as a permeation in the galaxy, the heliosphere and yet all of that really has one simple purpose To keep life living, to give, to nurture So as we belittle our regimented and segmented skies classifying times, tracing timelines nature doesn’t try to categorize their selves A daisy is a daisy, it knows nothing else A narrow perception doesn’t imply partial sights We often forget of the simple things in life Like how we each have a voice, how we have eyes and as Rose already knows, the fact that we’re alive
I never ever ever participate but I'm bored as hell.
1. I’ve had crushes on a good percentage of girls that I am friends with haha
2. Finding where rap samples come from
3. I made an effort to get rid of all my colorful clothes. I have like 3 somewhat colorful flannels, the rest is nothing extraordinary. I will absolutely never wear anything predominantly purple (not like magenta or maroon, purple purple), teal, orange or yellow anymore.
4. Biting the insides of my cheeks and lips. Shit is tore up.
5. Still a virgin!
6. We share so many interests in things and the same thirst for knowledge about music, and other random things. And you fucking found out what “Chortles” were called. Damn.
7. The time we spent the night at Grant’s house, and we made GIFs and a video of us jumping on Brandon on the couch with Grant and Raul.
8. Not getting to know certain people freshman and sophomore year.
9. Talk for hours about music, which will eventually move on to memories, and then recalling random episodes of Spongebob, Hey Arnold, Pokemon and it will keep going and going.
10. If I had the money, I would do completely fine living on my own. I still have good metabolism. I guess I can make jokes haha.
11. I consider myself short and skinny. Not being able to pick one thing to stick to, because I want to keep all options open. I don’t care about a lot of things.
12. My black/red Florida Marlins fitted hat. My Obey flannel. One of my Rock & Republic jeans. My BBC/Ice Cream tee. Black and white Vans.
13. I really like your top lists. I would think you were already writing for websites by the way you talk about music.
2. Playing Guitar Hero/Rock Band, then learning the songs on the real instruments.
4. Sounding monotonous. I swear I can hear the variation in pitch in my own voice, maybe it sounds different in my head?
6. That Chantal is freakin’ awesome, even if we are punching holes in her wall, keeping her awake before lie detector tests and making her drive home from camp grounds because the rest of us were being loud as hell. We’ve done so much!
8. Not taking making music seriously. I blame it on not finding my own style until a few weeks ago.
1. About half the reason I want to move to LA for college is because I don’t think anyone I know down here could take me seriously as an artist. I need to find people I don’t know and expose them to my music to really learn and/or make fans.
3. I have bud brownies stashed away in my closet, that will be for the days where I’m alone and have absolutely nothing to do (most likely summer). I will use them to make a shitload of beats all day.
5. I feel that I will most likely die of my laidback-ness. I will be in danger, and assume it’s nothing big, then BAM! ruptured spleen.
7. (Are these in general? Or does the random memory have to involve the person who asked?)
The time when we were trying to get back into James’ locked room/house, but Mike was the only one in there and he was asleep and not responsive to his phone.
9. Talk about alllllll of the memories and high school, I can already see that happening haha. Then moving on to random subjects, like always.
1. It’s not so much a secret, just something I don’t ever talk about. I am a huge lifelong WWE fan. I’ve watched wrestling since I was like 2, and it grew from just loving the show to knowing EVERYTHING about it. So much to where I read about inside scoops on who they plan on making the next champion, rumors about next weeks show, why certain wrestlers don’t get to be on TV as much and all that. I know it’s fake too. Guess what, so is Drake & Josh, or Friends, or The Fresh Prince. I went to see Smackdown live this past February, and I’m going to see Raw in August.
2. Playing Super Nintendo & Gameboy Advance on my computer
3. I don’t like wearing T-Shirts as much anymore, as opposed to button-up shirts.
4. Procrastination? Lol I can’t think of anything extremely nasty.
5. If someone told me I could get fame as a musician and have access to things that top-notch rappers have, but I have to leave everything in San Diego behind, I’m not sure if I could pass that up.
6. You are so nice, and pretty. Very very easy to talk to, so much where I can’t remember a specific moment where we became friends, unless you can haha. It’s like as long as someone isn’t a dick to you, you are very nice to them.
7. After I watched 8 Mile the first time, I wrote my own rap on a few 3x5 note cards.
8. Avoiding relationships all of High School except 11th grade. But then again, I think of all the things I experienced in HS and I wonder if I could’ve done all that while having a girlfriend.
9. Do we have access to games such as apples to apples or something? Haha if not, tell funny stories, involving soap and frustration, alllll night long. Get to know each other!
10. My music taste lol. My hair when it’s at the perfect length. My face when it’s clearer than usual.
11. My face when it looks like I have a mountain range on my cheek. My clothes. The fact that I know a loooooooot of people, but don’t have much close friends.
12. Lemonade. Sushi. Rap music. My computer. Light-skinned brunette girls, especially musicians and actors (Victoria Justice, Zooey Deschanel, Alexis Krauss, Rashida Jones).
13. It actually has posts and stuff on it that are actually about you, or show your personality, rather than just things you reblog from other places.
14. I am often empathetic, rather than sympathetic.
15. Every day is an experiment when it comes to how I look.
1 - A secret of mine 2 - An interest of mine 3 - A random fact 4 - A bad habit 5 - A confession 6 - What I like about you 7 - A random memory 8 - A regret 9 - If we were locked up in a room, we would… 10 - 3 things I like about myself 11 - 3 things I dislike about myself 12 - 5 of my favourite things 13 - What I think about your blog 14 - A fact about my personality 15 - A fact about my appearance
Finished my newest song, the first in a while. Composed the beat out of an Adele sample from her song, “He Won’t Go”. Probably the only song where I’ve put in so much work to perfect and to produce. Enjoy, like, reblog, support!
AYEEMCEE! // I Won’t Go
Ima plataued memerance, a delicate decadent mechanist screwed up etched on petulant reckoning fecund in a matter seconds lessoning my grips, wrecking my head, lips, begin to be pressing in the pressure is deafining, destined for the best in this but each heckling tests my breath left so desolate a living mess im in, remembering the innocense vanished gone, so nowadays I’m my own nemesis, feasibly leaving, self-esteem seems to be leaking a self-perceived demon known to throw blows with jesus reasons? seems like I really dont need em caught in a devils dress with the seamstress bleeding blood streaming in my blood streams, bust spleens laughing how im passing out with enough dreams and take ship, blast off in my own consciousness an astronaut lost in the jaws of my thoughts and shit raunchyness i guess a cop out for launching in never settled for ground levels, watching stars with a wish, which left my heart with a less, and the dark with a ness so im off with a pissed, harder than blocks of cement tossed and tarnished in, it’s game changing how the lanes breaking down, a haven with an aching frown not raking pounds but instead breaking bounds create sounds with my mouth when my head starts spacing out
Wont quit until I profusely lose oxygen and my throat opens up and I begin to give in veins popping out locking limbs, its obvious this the only thoughts of ever even stopping him im rocking kids, anonymously though ominous know im the futrue, kid just ask nostradamus, bitch Monstrous, and my mind mongles those that are marvelous variations, never border the miniscule monotonous Close your eyes but dont stop watching this Timeless, so I melt clocks sorta like salvador dali did And they tell me to stop, but whats the problem, kid? You rake half the talent that I’m practically hauling in. I’m calling it, the worlds caving in frozen fixtures A slow motion wrote in scripture thats broken crypted Outtaplace in outerspace, floating in a potent mixture the names AMC, so I live a vivid motion picture Back down when my mouth opens and blasts rap Track down the throne so I’m never caught half track Fuck flash backs, the past? trash that, I’m past that living a dream like naps back, on your head like snap backs, A criminal wishing for hits, Splitting these plentiful pitiful kids, Picking and ripping the literal symptoms making these miracle sick so no, I wont go with the snuffs and dopest stuff, Just simply create the universe whenever my mind opens up.